Objective: To support the Scouting mission and programs by providing supervision, engaging programs and activities, working with campers 1-on-1 and in a group setting and ensuring a safe environment at our camp pool and riverfront.
Reporting to: Camp Director or Designate
Dates of employment: Everton Summer Programs 2018 will run the following weeks
- July 1st – 6th
- July 8th– 13th
- July 15th – 20th
- July 22nd – 27th
- July 29th – August 3rd
- August 12th – 17th
Camp Staff will be required to attend a training date to be determined.
- Ensure that the swimming pool is being used safely and in accordance with camp, government and Scouts Canada policies.
- Work cooperatively with another lifeguard to provide fun and engaging pool programs and special events.
- Ensure that all the campers know all of the rules, regulations and expectations for using the swimming pool at camp.
- Swimming pool maintenance as required by health regulations.
- Lifeguarding and teaching swimming lessons as required.
- Be an active member of the camp team, supporting all other programs offered at camp.
- When not supervising pool during swim times or engaged in pool maintenance, all lifeguarding staff are expected to support the camp program as required.
- Ensure full compliance to all applicable risk management policies and procedures by program participants, volunteers and employees.
- Other duties as assigned by the Camp Director.
- Enthusiastic and positive attitude
- Current NLS
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR
- Enjoy camping and the outdoors
- Ability to work as a team
- Experience working with young people
- Outdoor skills, Scouting experience and experience working with Cub and Scout aged youth (8-14 year olds) would be an asset
- Must be willing to become a member of Scouts Canada and to submit to a screening process. A police record check is required for staff 18 years of age and older.
- Must be willing to abide by the Mission and Principles of Scouting
- Lifeguards will receive accommodation and will be required to remain on-site at camp for the duration of their employment.
- One day off per week will be provided, commencing Friday evening until Sunday morning.
- Lifeguards will receive all meals at camp during the camp’s operational periods.
How to Apply: Please send a completed application, along with a resume either by email or mail to:
Heather Bender, Camp Director 558 Glendene Cres.
Waterloo, ON, N2L 4P4